Virtual Activities for Kids
Supplement your child's education or keep them occupied with creative and engaging activities.
Everyone's situation is different and that's why I offer options to better meet the needs of you and your child. This includes flexible scheduling options to coordinate when it's most convenient for you, along with personalized projects created specifically for your child or groups of children participating together.
Arrange individual sessions when you want or recurring lessons to lock in a consistent schedule. Each session can be different activities, or with crafting and sewing projects can build upon each other for your child to learn new skills.
- Ages 6+
- Live video chat with multiple camera perspectives
- For individuals or groups
- Provided by an experienced teacher
- Recurring and long-term lessons can be organized
- Discounts for multiple people
- Bring new activities to your learning pod, virtual classroom or homeschool group
- Collaborate with schools to provide drop-in sessions or supplement their virtual learning
- Flexible scheduling in 30 minute increments
- Available weekends and weekdays
From my studio in Austin, TX, I teach online classes to students locally, across the United States and internationally.
About the Instructor
In addition to offering sewing and design lessons she's also an instructor in the Fashion Design Program at Austin Community College. Previously, Vanessa has taught a variety of programs in her hometown of Austin, TX, as well as overseas while in the Peace Corps.
Beyond sewing she has taught art, yoga and English to children as young as two through high school-aged kids. She has taught adults and kids of all ages and enjoys seeing how everyone applies their newfound sewing skills to express themselves.
Days & Times
Arrange 30 minutes sessions or up to 3 hours. The earlier you make the request, the better chance I'll be able to schedule for when you want. I'm often scheduling a few weeks out for weekend spots, and holidays/school breaks can be even busier.
These are when virtual activities can be scheduled based on my availability.
- Sun: 9a-6p CST
- Mon-Thu: 8a-8p CST
- Fri-Sat: 8a-6p CST
Personalized, private activities when you want with discounts for multiple people.
Number of Participants
Online Video Chat
What You'll Need
If you're new to online activities our aim is to make the experience informative, enjoyable and as easy as possible. If you're not sure if virtual activities are right for you or your child I'm happy to review providing you with a quick demo of how it works and what you can expect before you commit. After scheduling I'll provide you with details on the activities, calendar confirmation and links to the video chat app that we'll be using.
Tools & Supplies
If the activity involves a creative project I will provide a list of tools and supplies that you will need.
- A microphone, speakers and webcam are necessary so we can communicate during the lesson.
- A high-speed internet connection is highly recommended.
- If you're accessing on a laptop or desktop computer you may need to install a browser plugin. Access the lesson at least 10 minutes before your first call to allow time to install the plugin before the lesson begins.
- If you're accessing on a phone or tablet you may need to install an app that should be installed before the lesson begins.
- A stand for your webcam, phone or tablet that enables you to use the tools and supplies.
Virtual Sitting is NOT Babysitting
It's important to make clear that this is not childcare or the same as in-person babysitting. It is required that the parent/guardian be at the same location as their child/ren, not leave them unattended and be immediately available to their child/ren or the instructor if needed. The parent/guardian must be present to provide assistance if they or the instructor determine their child/ren will need assistance based on the activity. For children 10 years old and younger the parent/guardian is encouraged to sit it on initial activities to help with tasks that require more dexterity.