Online Sewing Classes
Choose from live, instructor-led sewing lessons over video chat or some classes that are available to watch online and learn at your own pace.
Live, instructor-led sewing classes
I developed an online learning experience that makes it as close as possible to being in person. My multi-camera system enables me to toggle seamlessly to different points of view to show the sewing machine, tools, processes and projects from multiple perspectives for an immersive experience.
Watch the video below that shows what it's like when you take virtual sewing classes with me and different points of view to see the actions.
Learn the essentials if you're just starting with sewing, get help with a project you're working on or learn new sewing techniques. I'm here to answer your questions and walk you through step by step.
This is an interactive experience so we chat the entire time, you can ask questions, watch how I perform techniques and I'll give you feedback as I guide you along the way. This includes showing you how to use tools and equipment, and demonstrating techniques from multiple camera perspectives to provide an experience as close as possible to being in person.
- Instructor-led, real-time video chat
- Engage, ask questions and get feedback just like an in-person lesson
- See actions from multiple camera perspectives
- For adults and kids (ages 7+)
- Schedule weekends and weekdays
For the best experience please review the requirements and tools that are necessary to participate in virtual lessons.
- A microphone, speakers and webcam are necessary so we can communicate during the lesson.
- A high-speed internet connection is highly recommended.
- If you're accessing on a laptop or desktop computer you may need to install a browser plugin. Access the lesson at least 10 minutes before your first call to allow time to install the plugin before the lesson begins.
- If you're accessing on a phone or tablet you may need to install an app that should be installed before the lesson begins.
- A stand for your webcam, phone or tablet that enables you to use the sewing machine or tools while the instructor observes.
- For most lessons you will need the tools found in a basic sewing kit.
Recorded on-demand video sewing classes
Some sewing classes and tutorials are available for you to enroll in and watch online at your own pace.
These are similar to the live classes and projects that I teach with an emphasis on understanding and retention. I don't try to pack in as much as possible but instead focus on the essential information for the technique or project that's being demonstrated.
I make these videos the same way I teach my live lessons - direct, to the point and from multiple camera perspectives to give you the best view of the actions.
- Payment is required to enroll in on-demand sewing classes. Some tutorials also require payment to access and others are available to watch for free.
- When you pay to enroll the class or tutorial is added to your account.
- Log in to your account to access the videos and watch them as many times as you want.
- An internet connection is required to access your account and watch the videos.