Online Sewing Classes
Live, virtual sewing classes to learn to sew from the comfort of your home and scheduled at a time that is convenient for you.
These lessons aren't pre-recorded videos or streams that you just watch but interactive classes where I personally guide you firsthand in one-on-one or group classes.
I have developed an advanced online learning experience that makes it as close as possible to being in person. With my multi-camera system I'm able to show the sewing machine, tools, processes and projects from multiple perspectives for an immersive experience.
Watch the video below that shows what it's like when you take virtual sewing classes with me and different points of view to see the actions.
Learn the essentials if you're just starting with sewing, get help with a project you're working on or learn new sewing techniques. I'm here to answer your questions and walk you through step by step.
This is an interactive experience so we chat the entire time, you can ask questions, watch how I perform techniques and I'll give you feedback as I guide you along the way. This includes showing you how to use tools and equipment, and demonstrating techniques from multiple camera perspectives to provide an experience as close as possible to being in person.
- Instructor-led, real-time video chat
- Engage, ask questions and get feedback just like an in-person lesson
- See actions from multiple camera perspectives
- For adults and kids (ages 7+)
- Schedule weekends and weekdays
What You'll Need
If you're new to online lessons our aim is to make the experience informative, enjoyable and as easy as possible. If you're not sure if online lessons are right for you or your child I'm happy to review providing you with a quick demo of how it works and what you can expect before you commit. After scheduling your online lesson I'll provide you with details on the lesson, calendar confirmation and links to the video chat app that we'll be using.
- A microphone, speakers and webcam are necessary so we can communicate during the lesson.
- A high-speed internet connection is highly recommended. Please review the bandwidth recommendations for the app you want to use and test your connection speed.
- If you're accessing on a laptop or desktop computer you may need to install a browser plugin. Access the lesson at least 10 minutes before your first call to allow time to install the plugin before the lesson begins.
- If you're accessing on a phone or tablet you may need to install an app that should be installed before the lesson begins.
- A stand for your webcam, phone or tablet that enables you to use the sewing machine or tools while the instructor observes.
- For most lessons you will need the tools found in a basic sewing kit.